Did you know the browser community (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) is pushing ALL websites to deploy encryption and move to HTTPS? There was a time when encryption was only thought necessary for ecommerce and any other sites that collects user information. But those days are long gone.
Here are just a few things that the browsers are implementing to encourage all sites to encrypt:
- Google giving a rankings boost to encrypted sites
- Chrome marking non-secure HTTP sites with a red X next to the URL (scheduled for version 52)
- Gmail marking emails that come from non-secure servers
- Popular mobile features, like Geolocation, only available for HTTPS sites within Chrome
- Download this file for more information
The only way to encrypt your site and move to HTTPS is with an SSL certificate. Luckily, here at Exclusivity LLC, we’ve got you covered!
You can purchase an SSL certificate that satisfies the browser requirements for as little as $19.99. That’s less than $2/month for a fully encrypted site that gets an increased SEO ranking AND won’t be negatively affected by the recent browser changes.